"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."- Marilyn Monroe

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How did we get to this place...

     "I keep forgetting to put the seat down." My husband jokes.  I look at him with a grin. . . He's always trying to cheer me up.  I look up from my tissue at the casket that holds my nephew.  My sister is speaking. . . . She goes on to say,
     "In the last few days of his life, it was like he wasn't even there.  Someone I didn't know was in his place.  When will we own ourselves completely?"
     I feel a tear stream down my cheek.  I don't know if we ever will. . . she's right, and tonight is not the last time I'll see the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment