"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."- Marilyn Monroe

Sunday, September 18, 2011

I walk alone.

I see nothing.
Or else I see everything empty.
Empty Roads.         Empty Houses.        Bare Trees.       Airless Balloons.        Peopleless Churches.
Sad looking really.

I walk alone on this Avenue of Shattered Hopes, there are abandoned cars that line the streets where smiling faces used to fill the air, now there is no one smiling,
                                                                             no one hugging,
                                                                                        no one kissing,
                                                                                                        just empty streets.
Empty fields.          Empty barns.           Empty faces of people I've never seen.     Children looking to the skies.

They see birds.

Hundreds of them.

Thousands of them.

They're flying away.    I wish I could fly away too,
                                                         To somewhere new.

Where people love, and care for each other, and share their time with one another, as families, and as friends.  Where we join hands as a people.  We stand as ONE.  Where smiles are shown, and emotions are shared, and feelings mean something.  But NO.

I see sad faces
                  and
                      Jukeboxes. . . . . No longer playing.                             PUNCHED WALLS.
          and Smashed guitars.               and emptiness.

16 comments:

  1. wow! this has soo much emotion to it....very sad. but honest. very expressive. i like how you said jukeboxes....no longer playing. punched walls, smashed guitars and emptiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ILML!! (i love my life) you dont walk alone. theres like 17239-731872418651406574253719-754837518-745-1 zillion people on this earth GALLL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I wish that I could leave this world go to one where people care about me, about each other, and about their surroundings. Where everyone is ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you say you see nothing, but really just a bunch of empty things. what are balloons without air?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I wish I could fly away too"... There is such power and emotion in this phrase it is amazing. Great work. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And that's when you're alone. When you feel that you want to fly away. So true...so true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An airless balloon is whatever you see it as. A popped balloon? a balloon never blown up? Whatever you think

    ReplyDelete
  8. The composition in this is really great. It adds a lot to the overall effect of the post. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this has so much emotion to it, i love how you talk about the birds flying away. great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. totes dig your jelly,
    wicked sick.

    but really, i love the way you formatted it, all the gray words and spacing and listing give it a wicked gray vibe, and i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...I love this. You've heard that 14 times, but wow...

    ReplyDelete
  12. It never gets old Travis, don't worry. And thank you everyone.

    ReplyDelete